Airtable is a great tool to help you organize, store, and share your spreadsheet data. It helps your organization avoid data silos by making business data accessible from anywhere. Connecting your Airtable and Formstack Documents account is quick and easy to set up. After the initial set up, you can start generating documents with the click of a button.
In today’s Builders tutorial, I’m going to show you how to use Formstack Documents to automate sales workflows such as monthly invoice generation and sales agreement eSignature collection.
This workflow will take about 20 minutes to create.
- An Airtable account at a Pro plan or above
- A Formstack Documents account
- A Formstack Sign account
1. Upload your sales documents. Upload your customer invoice and sales agreement templates complete with merge fields to your Formstack Documents account.
NOTE: The merge fields in your document must match the fields in your Airtable account exactly. Make sure everything is spelled and capitalized correctly.
2. Set up your delivery. Send a customized email to your customers with a way to contact a member of your sales team for more information. You can also send customers a copy of their submission.
3. Add the Formstack Documents Block to your Airtable account. Authenticate your Formstack Documents account by adding your API Key and Secret.
4. Select your record. Select the record(s) with the data you want in your document and select “Create Document.” It’s that easy!